Most of our time was consumed by moving tenders. Getting the old tenders off the Fir proved to be more difficult than expected. The weight of both boats were at the limits of our chain falls. The gantries could move the boats out from Fir, but did not get them close to the water. We had to lower each boat, hold it in place, reset the chains, and lower the boat again. In the end, our old inflatable fell the last 10 feet.
The drama was just beginning. Our inflatable landed on the dock and had to be pulled off. Once both boats were floating they began to take on water. We were now concerned with the possibility of our two boats sinking before we could get them to the neighboring marina.
SInce our newly acquired tender did not have the tube installed, it was also taking on water during the tow. Once we got our tender to Fir we needed hoist her out of the water with a crane so that she would not sink overnight,
The next day, Joe cut the old tender cradles from the boat deck and we dragged them to the buoy deck. Each cradle weighed over 300lbs as it was 1/2 inch steel. Joe welded the cradles to the buoy deck creating the new home for the Willard. We then collected the tube, loaded it onto the bow of Joe's Whaler, then onto the buoy deck.